Black Eyed Peas - My Humps


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



“Whatcha gonna do with all that junk/ All that junk inside your trunk?/ I’m a gonna get you drunk/ Get you love-drunk/ Off my hump.”

I don’t want to like this.

I mean, I *really* don’t want to like this. But being the inclusive, open-minded, non-popist blogger I am, I have to admit it. There’s actually a BEP track in existence I will listen to without being inspired to commit wanton acts of violence. A call to worship “lovely lady lumps”? The centre cannot hold for long after this, I’m telling you.

It’s the fact it sounds like a crazy novelty record, for a start. Divinely mindless idiocy, backed by such delicious synth action. What sub-Hollaback beats, oh the droning repetition! And Fergie – the woman whose genetic freak abs strike terror into my heart every time I lay eyes on them – finally sounding like somebody else! Cooing along like a valley-girl, I can at last pretend her muscles won’t leap out of the virtual ether and smother me with their definition.

As Anthony says – it’s almost Fannypack-esque. Except, in that case there would be a large dose of hipster irony undermining the stupidity; this way, we’re left with the dumb-assness intact.


17 Responses to “Black Eyed Peas - My Humps”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

  2. Blogger The Manthony 

    Milky cocoa riiiight.

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    haha. interracial dating site.

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    you, miss abby, are fabulous. and to think i was almost about to be bored on my lunch hour. sincerest thanks for rousing me out of the mundane work day.

    "i'm a start some drama. you don't want no drama..."

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    i actually like this the least of their singles. I like your other posts though!

  6. Blogger Mike B. 

    This is BEP? I had no idea! We heard it on the radio just as we were re-entering our neighborhood after a weeklong vacation, and somehow it made sense. Then we heard it the next day in the supermarket and lost our shit.

    I have to keep reminding myself not to say "lovely lady lumps" out loud though.

  7. Blogger nm 

    i heard this on the radio for the first time yesterday and was wondering who it was!

  8. Blogger Aaryn 

    I could nto hate this song any more.

  9. Anonymous Anonymous 

    hey that is my most favoritest song ever in the world.my blog is ilovecheer.well leave me a comment.

  10. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I want to here this noooooooooooooooooooooooooow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  11. Anonymous Anonymous 

    i love the bep s, if i hear yall talkin bad, u into some serious sh**t!

  12. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I WANT TO LISTEN TO MY HUMPS SONG RIGHT MOW

  13. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I KNOW ALL THE WORDS OF MY HUMPS.MY FAVORITE PART IS THEY SAY I'M REALLY SEXY THE BOYS WANT TO SEX ME.

  14. Anonymous Anonymous 

    i want to listen song of my hupms

  15. Anonymous Anonymous 

    hey i love your song my brother says its gay but i think its sexy.It makes me want to dance with this boy i realy love but he doesn't love me that much.

  16. Anonymous Anonymous 

    i like so much the music of my humps... it makes me feel cool,,, very sexy dance,,,

  17. Anonymous Anonymous 

    My mom loves your song my humps she smiles every time she heres it so good luck

comment

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


PopText